Unlike traditional marketing and advertising strategies, digital marketing has an edge since it allows targeted customer acquisition with fewer efforts and affordable prices. With numerous personalized strategies available, digital marketing is more personalized and can cater to the targeted audience with ease. The benefits of digital marketing are becoming more prevalent each day since more and more consumers are researching and buying products and services online. If you really want your business to grow, increase your sales and profits, you must switch to digital marketing if you haven’t already.
Now you must be wondering how to create a digital marketing strategy which can effective for your business or client?
Let us get started with the framework on how to create an effective digital marketing strategy!
Pillars for an effective Digital Marketing Strategy
Search Engine Optimization
Search Engine Optimization or SEO being one of the most effective marketing strategies is the process of improving your website so that it ranks highly in search engine results for keywords and phrases related to your business. The more keywords you rank for and the higher you rank, the more people will see and become familiar with your website and business.
PPC is a paid form of advertising that relies on an auction-based system. With PPC, you bid on keywords that you want your ads to show up for, your ad triggers when a user’s search includes your keyword. If a user decides to click on your advertisement, you then pay for that click. In other words, you don’t pay for ad space but for the results.
Email marketing focuses on retaining existing customers, as well as gaining new ones. You should be having a question sometime that “how should I integrate brand awareness in my digital marketing strategy?” Well, Email Marketing is an excellent technique for building brand awareness, keeping your company top-of-mind, and encouraging repeat purchases. Email is an excellent remarketing tool too.
Social Media Marketing
Social media marketing is an essential pillar of a visual and engaging digital marketing strategy, it focuses on building brand awareness and increasing conversions. A social media marketing campaign can feature one or several social media platforms, such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn and more depending on your target audience and their platform preferences. It also allows you to connect better with your clients as well as potential clients.
If just a picture can speak a thousand words, just think what a video can do, a good production will definitely engage the audience and instead of just promoting your products and services, you can find creative ways to generate more interest from your customers. An event announcement, new offers and updates, behind the scenes and so much more can be shown much more effectively via videos. This is a must-have pillar in your digital marketing strategy.
This is one of the most important and strongest pillars for an effective digital marketing strategy. In content marketing, your business focuses on reaching, engaging, and connecting with consumers via content. This content, which can include videos, blog posts, infographics, and more, provides values to users. It’s not, however, a sales-orientated copy but just plain informational.
How to Create a Digital Marketing Strategy
- Conduct a thorough research and build your buyer personas.
- Set down specific goals and then decide on the digital marketing tools that you’ll need.
- Evaluate your previously existing digital channels and assets and figure out a room for improvement.
- Audit and plan your owned media campaigns and make them more engaging, interactive and creative.
It’s important to first create and develop a good digital marketing strategy and then putting it into action.
Now that you know what are the pillars of an effective digital marketing strategy and How to build a strategy! Let us give in a few more minutes and see how digital marketing benefits you and it will help you understand that why you need an effective digital marketing strategy to hit the skies of success.
Benefits of opting for Digital Marketing
Digital marketing is the most powerful form of marketing.
- Using digital marketing tactics is the most cost-effective way to market your business. With affordable digital marketing tactics, small businesses can get more for their marketing spend. The main cost of digital marketing is just time and efforts.
- Digital marketing is the most measurable form of marketing. Digital marketing analytics takes the guesswork out of determining whether your marketing is actually working. By measuring your digital marketing campaigns in real-time, you can see which tactics are working and which are not. Then, you can adjust your campaigns for greater success. You can also take the insights that you’ve gained from the process to improve digital marketing strategy.
- One of the greatest benefits of digital marketing is that it allows you to target your ideal buyers. You can ensure that the right consumers are viewing your content. SEO allows you to reach those consumers who are searching the web for content and topics that are relevant to your business. While pay-per-click, display and social media advertising enable you to target those who are most likely to be interested in your products or services based on demographic information and general characteristics.
- Most people are starting their buyer’s journey online. Before consumers even know what product or service they need, they are going to the search engines to look for answers to their questions and to learn more about their challenges. This presents a great opportunity for small businesses to connect with potential customers and educate them during the beginning stages of the buyer’s journey. By creating relevant and engaging content that’s optimized for the search engines, you can improve your visibility online and reach customers when it matters most.
- Your customers are on social media, and digital marketing helps you reach them. In using the traditional techniques in marketing, you will definitely experience a limit in scope and size. Print ads are limited to a certain location, market and time. And if you wish to broaden its scope, then prepare your budget for it. But in digital marketing, your reach will be farther but more targeted. The only limitation is your creativity and strategy.
- SEO and local SEO helps you reach more qualified buyers online. SEO is another powerful digital marketing tactic that offers a variety of benefits. By optimizing your site content for the search engines, you can work to reach more buyers online. Using relevant keywords that help describe your product or service offering can help you bring more targeted traffic to your site, which increases conversions over time.
- Digital marketing helps you connect with mobile customers. Who doesn’t own a mobile phone these days? It’s no longer a luxury but a basic necessity. Consumers are always browsing and consuming content on their mobile devices. Over half of all online users are accessing the web from a mobile device. Digital marketing can help you reach people on mobile devices, tablets, and desktop computers.
- You can easily and quickly adapt your strategy and tactics for the best results. While traditional marketing tactics may require you to wait weeks or even months to determine which strategies are working, digital marketing allows you to view the real-time results of your campaigns and adapt your tactics to improve results as you go.
- Digital marketing levels the playing field, allowing your business to be more competitive. Traditional marketing tactics like print advertising are expensive and require big business budgets for effective placement. However, digital marketing tactics are more affordable, allowing businesses of all sizes to gain exposure online. If your business is not limited to a specific location, you can use digital marketing to reach your target audience across the globe. This allows small businesses to find new audiences for their products and services.
Now that you are familiar with creating a strong digital marketing strategy and how will digital marketing benefit you, go ahead and start building on an effective strategy to skyrocket your sales!
Reach out to us for ROI integrated digital marketing strategies, tailor-made for business needs!